||Wind tunnels design, Pumps and incompressible flow turbomachines, Convective dryers, Wind turbines, Aerodynamics, Engineering Education, Energy conservation and efficiency.
- May, 2014 – present: Professor, Piraeus University of Applied Sciences (PUAS, TEIPIR), School of Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering (TEIPIR).
- 2002-May, 2014: School of Pedagogical and Technological Education (ASPETE), Department of Mechanical Engineering (MECHASPETE), Laboratory of Fluid Mechanics & Turbomachinery (FMTULAB): Professor (2010-May, 2014), Associate Professor (2002-2010), Head of the MECHASPETE (2002-2005 and 2012-May, 2014), Director of the FMTULAB (2002-May, 2014).
- 1995-2002: Professor, Higher School of Vocational and Technological Education-Technical and Vocational Teacher Training Institute (ASETEM-SELETE).
- 1992-1995: a) Part time professor, Higher School of Vocational and Technological Education-Technical and Vocational Teacher Training Institute (ASETEM-SELETE) and b) Part time professor, Technological Education Institute of Piraeus, Department of Mechanical Engineering (TEIPIR).
- 1980-1995: Scientific Assistant, Fluid Mechanics Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Patras (UPATRAS).
- Technical Chamber of Greece (TEE-TCG)
- Hellenic Association of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers (PSDMH-HAMEE)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ΑSME)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
|Participation in financed research projects
- Simulation of a solar chimney (2005-2006). Project code: a87306, co-financed by the European Social Fund, the European Regional Development Fund and national resources, Operational Programme for Education and Initial Vocational Training (O.P. “Education”), Hellenic Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs.
- Helicopter rotor/fuselage interactional aerodynamics (1989-1992). Contract: CEC Brite/Euram-Aero-0011-C (SCIA)-DG-XII, Project Partners: MΒΒ(D), Agusta (I), Westland(GB), Aerospatiale(F) and Al-phapi(GR).
- Helicopter and tilt-rotor exterior noise research programme (1989-1992). Contract: CEC Brite/Euram-Aero-0010-C (HELINOISE) -DG-XVII, Project Partners: MΒΒ(D), Agusta (I), Westland(GB), Aerospatiale(F), CIRA(I) and Alphapi(GR).
- Reports on the installation of a stand alone 90 kW wind turbine at the Akarnanika relay station – Greece (1988). Project supported by the Greek Telecommunications Organization.
- Experimental study of an innovative wind displacement device (1989). Project supported by Hellenic Organization of Small Medium Sized Enterprises and Handicraft SA (EOMMEX).
- Design of a model Olympic Velodrome (1989). Project supported by the Greek Organization of Foot-ball Prognostics S.A. (OPAP).
- Design and construction of a low speed wind tunnel in Greece (1982-1984). Contract: ΝΑΤΟ-Science Committee and Hellenic Aerospace Industry.
- Aerodynamic design of a remotely piloted vehicle (1984-1985). Project No. 11625 (ΕΡΕ) 658/8-12-1983, General Secretary of Research and Technology of the Greek Ministry of Research and Technology.
| Teaching experience
- Fluid Mechanics (ASPETE, UPATRAS, TEIPIR) … 29 years
- Hydraulic Machines (ASPETE, UPATRAS, TEIPIR) … 15 years
- Compressible Flow Turbomachines (ASPETE) … 8 years
- Aerodynamics (ASPETE, UPATRAS) and Gasdynamics (UPATRAS) … 5 years
- Measurement Techniques (UPATRAS) … 3 years
- Renewable Energy (ASPETE) … 3 years
- Mechanics of Materials and Dynamics (ASPETE) … 3 years
- Design and Technology (ASPETE) … 3 years
- Aircraft Technology and Measurement Techniques (ASPETE) … 1 year